The Fiat Ducato is one of Europe's most popular platforms for camper van conversions thanks to its versatility, reliability, and efficiency. Many motorhome manufacturers use the Ducato as a base for their models, offering different layouts, features, and designs to suit different needs and preferences. One of the latest additions to the Ducato-based camper van market is the Weinsberg CaraLife 630 LQ, a compact and cozy home on wheels that debuted at the 2023 Caravan Salon in Germany.
The CaraLife 630 LQ is a new offering from Weinsberg, a German-based company that has been producing caravans and motorhomes since 1970. The company is part of the Knaus Tabbert Group, one of the leading manufacturers of recreational vehicles in Europe. The CaraLife 630 LQ is built on the Fiat Ducato chassis, which is specially designed for motorhome conversions and offers a range of benefits, such as:
- A choice of four power outputs for the 2.3-litre Euro 6d-TEMP diesel engine: 120, 140, 160, and 180 HP.
- A choice of manual or automatic transmission, both with six gears.
- A choice of front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.
- A choice of three wheelbases: 3000 mm, 3450 mm, or 4035 mm.
- A choice of four lengths: 4963 mm, 5413 mm, 5998 mm, or 6363 mm.
- A choice of two heights: 2524 mm or 2654 mm.
- A payload capacity of up to 2225 kg.
- A towing capacity of up to 3000 kg.
- Advanced driver assistance systems include adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, blind spot assist, rear cross-traffic alert, traffic sign recognition, hill descent control, and more.
The Weinsberg CaraLife 630 LQ is based on the longest and highest version of the Ducato chassis, measuring 6363 mm in length and 2654 mm in height. Despite its relatively large size, the camper van is designed to offer a compact and cozy living space for up to three people. The interior layout features a clever use of space and functionality, with innovative solutions making the most of every inch.